Do you find it challenging managing virtual teams?
- Most of our clients do. It is challenging managing, motivating and directing a group of people who are not physical together and maybe never have seen each other before. To make it even more challenging virtual teams often exist for a limited period of time because they are often tied to a specific project or temporary process.
The popularity of virtual teams is a function of the globalisation and they are necessary in order to keep down travel costs and increase flexibility. But how do we make sure that the saved costs and the increased flexibility are not diluted by all the disadvantages of having virtual teams? This is one of the questions we will find an answer to on Gugin’s interactive workshop in Nice in October.
After the workshop you will:
- - have a clear understanding of the opportunities and challenges of having virtual teams
- - have adopted best practices on how to form, manage and measure virtual teams
- - have been presented for the necessary tools to deal with the cultural diversity in virtual teams
- - have will have ideas on how to create virtual teams that support the corporate culture
It is a full-day workshop starting at 8:30 and finishing around 16:30. Your facilitator will be Dr. Finn Majlergaard
- Introduction of the participants and to the workshop
- Why do we use virtual teams – and does it make sense
- Best practices on creating and managing virtual teams
- Coffee break
- How to measure performance in virtual teams – do you trust your team members?
- What are the hidden costs when having virtual teams?
- Introduction to tools that will help you motivate, engage and monitor performance in your virtual team
- How to take advantage of the cultural diversity and avoid cultural stereotyping among the members of the team
- Coffee break
- Group cases related to the subjects covered
- Summarizing key learnings
Welcome reception and networking on 6. october at 20:00
It has become a tradition that we have a welcome reception and networking event the evening before the workshop. And this time it is no exception.
You are invited to join from 20:00 – 22:00 where Gugin will host an informal welcoming reception. The venue for the reception is yet to be decided but it might be the conference location, Le Meridien in Nice
The venue til be Le Meridien in Nice, located in the heart ofNice right on the waterfront and 10 minutes from the airport. There are plenty of hotels close by to choose from if you don’t want to stay at Le Meridien.
Fee and conditions
The fee for the workshop is 975€ excl VAT and covers:
- Welcoming reception on 6. october 20:00 – 22:00
- Course materials
- Breakfast and lunch on 7. october
- Coffee, tea and refreshments throughout the day.
All other costs including transportation and hotels will be at your own cost.
Sign up by sending and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your attendance will be confirmed once the payment has been received
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us
See you in Nice in October
GUGIN13 Boulevard Gambetta
06000 Nice France