Gugin Course module: The Global Middle Manager
3 Hours excluding Breaks – 1 Facilitator – 20 People maximum
Prerequisites for attending
The attendees are expected to have participated in Cultural Intelligence 1 and to have personal cross-cultural experiences.
After the Course
After the course the attendees will be able perform better in a complex organisational environment by benefitting from the cultural diversity and his/her own leadership skills.
A classroom is needed with Whiteboard and a projector where a computer can be connected
The course module focuses on the major cultural challenges the middle managers in global organisations are facing. We will deal with the most common challenges and show you can reconcile these challenges and potentially turn them into synergies, making your team more effective and agile.
Topics covered in “The Global Middle Manager”
- How do you lead and manage a diverse group of people who might come from many different countries, different branches, different professions, different age groups etc?
- How to you discover potential culturally related conflicts before they become a problem to the team effectiveness?
- How do you make sure that everyone, despite different cultural values and preferences work towards the same goal?
- As a middle manager you have to claim your own space as you are under pressure from all sides. In this module you will learn how to become successful in complex, rapid-changing environment.
- Set your own goals.
- Identify your team’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Lead the best and be prepared to scarify the weakest.
- Motivating a culturally diverse Teams.
The workshop will be facilitated in such a way that the participants experiences will be blended with the academic content presented by the facilitator. There will also be individual reflection exercises when each participant is developing his or her action plan for change in order to become more cultural intelligent.