Gugin Research’s mission
It is our dedicated mission to deliver suitable, feasible, adaptable and creative solutions to our clients at all times. In a fast-changing world, this is only possible if we allocate large amounts of resources for continuous research and enhancement of our services.
Due to our close links with the academic world and thousands of companies throughout the world, we can explore how the latest academic finding will work in real life. And when we identify new challenges with our clients we can draw on world-class academics to help our own researchers finding solutions that enable our clients to increase their competitive advantage.
It feels so good making a difference for a client. That particular feeling fuels our curiosity, creativity and desire to improve every single day.
Gugin Research Unit conducts two types of Research
- Gugin Research Unit conducts research on behalf of clients who needs knowledge about a specific area within or range of core competencies. Typically it is a large corporation who wants to know more about the cultural patterns and preferences inside the organisation.
- Gugin Research Unit conducts core research on its own, and the results of these research projects are core elements when we are developing new consulting services and training programs. Often these projects are sponsored by one or more companies. If it is a sponsored some of the results will remain with the sponsor while other results will be shared when we do training or consulting assignments.
The typical Roadmap for Gugin Research Unit initiated projects
The typical process for research projects initiated by Gugin Research is the following:
- Our consultants propose areas we should do more research on based on the client feedback they have received or challenges they have identified while working with the clients around the world.
- When the projects have been shortlisted we describe each research project idea further, its outcome, academic contribution and its suitability to solve some of the challenges we have identified with our clients
- When a project has been selected we make a proposal to selected sponsors and negotiate the term and conditions with the sponsors who want to participate and who we feel will fit best with the project. The project plan is made and confirmed.
- We develop a hypothesis for the research. which will serve as a guide throughout the project. And in the end, we will measure our findings against this hypothesis and develop a conclusion and recommendations.
- On half of our team start doing the academic research while the other half set up the framework for the imperial research (questionnaires, interviews, focus groups etc.)
- Data and information collection goes on while the academic research takes shape
- The results are crunched and validated and the reports are written comparing the results with the hypothesis. The reports are finalised with a conclusion and further recommendations
We are a member of The Academy of Management and The Society of Industry Leaders.
Here is a link to an article about Academic Research: