Gugin Research Institute’s mission
It is our dedicated mission to deliver suitable, feasible, adaptable and creative solutions to our clients at all times. In a fast-changing world, this is only possible if we allocate large amounts of resources for continuous research and enhancement of our services.
Due to our close links with the academic world and thousands of companies throughout the world, we can explore how the latest academic finding will work in real life. And when we identify new challenges with our clients we can draw on world-class academics to help our own researchers find solutions that enable our clients to increase their competitive advantage.
It feels so good making a difference for a client. That particular feeling fuels our curiosity, creativity and desire to improve every single day.
Gugin Research Institute conducts two types of Research
- Gugin Research Unit conducts research on behalf of clients who needs knowledge about a specific area within or range of core competencies. Typically it is a large corporation that wants to know more about the cultural patterns and preferences inside the organisation.
- Gugin Research Unit conducts core research on its own, and the results of these research projects are core elements when we are developing new consulting services and training programs. Often these projects are sponsored by one or more companies. If it is sponsored some of the results will remain with the sponsor while other results will be shared when we do training or consulting assignments.
The typical Roadmap for Gugin Research Unit initiated projects
The typical process for research projects initiated by Gugin Research is the following:
- Our consultants propose areas we should do more research on based on the client feedback they have received or challenges they have identified while working with the clients around the world.
- When the projects have been shortlisted we describe each research project idea further, its outcome, academic contribution and its suitability to solve some of the challenges we have identified with our clients
- When a project has been selected we make a proposal to selected sponsors and negotiate the term and conditions with the sponsors who want to participate and who we feel will fit best with the project. The project plan is made and confirmed.
- We develop a hypothesis for the research. which will serve as a guide throughout the project. And in the end, we will measure our findings against this hypothesis and develop a conclusion and recommendations.
- On half of our team start doing the academic research while the other half set up the framework for the imperial research (questionnaires, interviews, focus groups etc.)
- Data and information collection goes on while the academic research takes shape
- The results are crunched and validated and the reports are written comparing the results with the hypothesis. The reports are finalised with a conclusion and further recommendations
We are a member of The Academy of Management and The Society of Industry Leaders.
Here is a link to an article about Academic Research:
- We align your corporate culture with your strategy.
- We take you safely through major changes in your organisation.
- We develop the crucial cultural intelligence in your organisation by training your employees and leaders
- We help you develop a competitive advantage with a unique corporate culture
Gugin has helped more than 600 companies around the world creating a winning corporate culture.
Taking advantage of cultural diversity is propable the biggest hidden resource in business today. Gugin has helped hundreds of companies around the world becoming better
Leadership keynote speaker, Dr Finn Majlergaard delivers thought-provoking global leadership speeches and workshops all over the world, based on 25 years of experience with 600+ companies. Anyone can copy your product but no one can copy your culture. Learn to become the best in leadership
Becoming innovative is difficult – staying innovative is harder – and when it fades it is almost always too late to change the culture
Cross Cultural Management is challenging to most managers. This article outlines 3 of the challenges and suggests how you can deal with them
I am always looking forward to see who are honored with the Nobel peace prize. Usually the winner of this prestigious award has done a lot to promote peace or fight injustice in a part of the world that deserves international attention - a Nobel peace prize...