Improve collaboration and boost effectiveness and innovation in the healthcare industry – Gugin Workshop
6 Hours excluding Breaks – 1 Facilitator – 30 People maximum
Prerequisites for attending
The attendees are expected to have had experiences with the subjects we address in the “cultural change in the healthcare industry workshop”. The attendees are also expected to participate actively throughout the workshop
After the Workshop
- The attendees will understand and accept different perspectives.
- They will understand why some groups of people are less willing than others to change
- They will have a roadmap for how to facilitate a change process in an organisation where there is resistance
A classroom is needed with Whiteboard and a projector where a computer can be connected. The room needs to be equipped with tables where groups of 4 can discuss.
Interested? Get in touch
Facilitating cultural change in the healthcare industry can be challenging because we on one side have the experienced doctors who promote the best practices we are comfortable with and on the other side we have the younger doctors who promote all the new opportunities the new technology gives us. This workshop is about how we can reconcile this dilemma so both the older and younger doctors and the patients benefit from the diversity.
Improve collaboration between the generations and boost effectiveness and innovation
So the question is: How can we Improve collaboration and boost effectiveness and innovation in the healthcare industry so that the older, experienced doctors don’t block all technological improvements and the younger, less experienced doctors don’t rely entirely on a new technology that might not work properly?
Please read this article for more background about the dilemmas and possible solutions.
Gugin has developed this intensive workshop for the healthcare industry as the different perspectives from the older and younger generations of doctors cause cultural frictions that have to be resolved in the best possible way, namely through cultural reconciliation. If we fail to leverage the innovation – tradition perspectives we all lose.
Purpose of the “Improve collaboration and boost effectiveness and innovation in the healthcare industry” Workshop
The purpose of the workshop is to give the participants:
- a clear and deeper understanding of why we have these generation conflicts in the industry.
- a roadmap on how to reconcile the opposing views so that we can develop solutions that are accepted and embraced by both the older and the younger doctors.
Agenda for the 1-day workshop
- Introduction to the dilemma – understanding both perspectives in depth.
- Learn how to identify, which fears the younger and older doctors have – and make these fears tangible.
- The younger and the older doctors can help each other overcome these fears – a perfect way of putting them on the same side of the table.
- do’s and don’t’s if you want to improve collaboration and boost effectiveness and innovation in the healthcare industry
- You will learn how to make the younger doctors realise the risks of the new technology and learn how to make the older doctors see the opportunities in the new technology.
- You will learn how to identify the potential first movers among the older doctors and start the first projects with them
- You will learn how to create a path for the others to follow in the transition phase.
- You will learn how important it is to listen to all stakeholders. The older doctor’s scepticism is extremely valuable and should be addressed properly.
- What to do with those who don’t want to change at all?
- Q & A session
Divide the workshop into 2 or 3 parts to fit your schedule
We know time is precious and we know it can be difficult to allocate a whole day for training for a lot of people simultaneously. Although it is ideal to take the “Improve collaboration and boost effectiveness and innovation in the healthcare industry” Workshop in one day we can offer you to split it up.
2 half-day modules
We can split it up into to half-day sessions of approximately 3,5 hours including a break in the middle. We recommend that the two days are done right after one another in order to keep momentum and reduce your cost. Other solutions can, of course, be accommodated
3 intensive modules
You can also choose to split it up into three 2 hour modules with no breaks. We recommend that the three days are done right after one another in order to keep momentum and reduce your cost. Other solutions can, of course, be accommodated
The workshop will be facilitated in such a way that the participant’s experiences will be blended with the academic content presented by the facilitator. There will also be individual reflection exercises where each participant is developing his or her action plan for change in order to improve on a personal level. If you have chosen to include the pre-workshop assessment (see below) we will address your key issues directly throughout the workshop.
Get even more out of the workshop
You have the opportunity to have the workshop customised entirely to your specific needs. It is called a pre-workshop assessment, where we interview key stakeholders and send out questionnaires to the participants. This way we can address very specific issues that are of great importance to you.
Often when a workshop like this is over people are excited because they now have a roadmap for taking their organisation through a difficult change process. But after some days or weeks, it is very valuable to have the opportunity to discuss the progress with the facilitator who in return can give good advice and provide new perspectives.
Contact us today for a discussion about how we can make your hospital or healthcare clinic more effective by improving collaboration and accelerating the organisational agility, which is crucial in the healthcare industry today
Contact us here.
Are you interested in booking a speech or a workshop with Dr Finn Majlergaard on what you can do yourself to become more effective, agile and customer-focused? Have a look here.