Facilitating post-merger integration.
– The often forgotten post-merger integration process
Why is it that 2/3 of all mergers and acquisitions fail to meet their original objectives due to cultural clashes? Our research shows that it is because the cultural friction is ignored or underestimated and because the management doesn’t have the necessary skills and/or time to do a proper integration. If your company shouldn’t end up between the 2/3 of the companies that fail we suggest you contact us as early as possible so we proactively can plan the post-merger integration process instead of agreeing on a damage control assignment.
The post-merger integration process usually goes wrong because:
- Management loose focus as soon as the deal is signed
- Management doesn’t know how to tackle the post-merger integration process properly
- Management has to deal with both the current business and the post-merger integration process
- The cultural friction and resistance is often hidden
When you engage Gugin to facilitate the post-merger integration process we can assure you that:
- You can spend more time and resources on what you are good at – managing the company
- We locate the potential cultural friction points early in the process so we can develop a plan to deal with them
- We plan the post-merger integration process together with you and align it with the strategic and operational objectives and targets
- We keep our eyes and hands on the post-merger integration process ensuring that you reach the desired level of integration on time
- We help you protect your most valuable resource – your people, their skills and their knowledge. It is always the best people who leave first when things are not as they should be.
- We facilitate the development of a corporate culture that is supporting the current strategy and at the same time can include the diversity in the merged organisations.
A successful post-merger integration process is like baking a delicious cookie
You can compare a successful post-merger integration process with baking a delicious cookie. You have a number of ingredients which have to with put together in the right quantities and in the right order and it all has to be baked perfectly. This is the only way you will get the perfect delicious cookie that tastes far better than any of the ingredients alone. If you fail you have wasted the ingredients. That is why you have to be a good baker to succeed.
Facilitating post-merger integration is no different. You have to understand the cultural and sociological dynamics and know how to facilitate the post-merger integration process so that the end result is beautiful. If you fail your best employees and managers together with your best clients, who probably don’t see the point in you engaging in a merger or acquisition. Engage Gugin as your baker and let us facilitate the post-merger integration process. It is our core competence.
Gugins initial analysis of your organisation
The analysis will be a combination of questionnaires, group discussions and interviews all planned so that it fits the organisation in the best possible way. After having made the report and presented the recommendations we can discuss how to take the organisation through the transformation.
We deliver a comprehensive report based on our organisational analysis and present the results to you. You can then decide if you want to proceed to work with us, do it on your own or get assistance from someone else.
Advantages of letting Gugin facilitate the post-merger integration Process
Facilitating a post-merger integration process is extremely time-consuming. And it is probably not your core competence to integrate organisations so the chances you will become among the 2/3 who don’t succeed is quite high.
- Gugin has the experience and the right resources – anywhere in the world
The longer the post-merger integration process takes the more likely it is you will never finish, meaning you will NOT meet the objectives of the merger or acquisition. We have the resources and the skills to do it as smooth and effective as possible.
- You can focus on your business while we focus on the integration process
you can’t put your business on hold while integrating two organisations. You need to change the tyre while the car is driving. We can do that! Then you can focus your business so you don’t lose momentum in a very competitive world. otherwise, you will lose both your best employees and your best customers.
- In a situation of uncertainty, we are usually more trusted by the employees than the management. So we get the right information – first
You will never get a truthful answer or situation report from your middle managers. We are too concerned securing their own position in the transition phase and they will not trust you as much as they did before. They will, however, trust us because we are neutral and we always give the guarantee that all information will remain confidential.
Read on and learn more about our post-merger integration process
- We align your corporate culture with your strategy.
- We take you safely through major changes in your organisation.
- We develop the crucial cultural intelligence in your organisation by training your employees and leaders
- We help you develop a competitive advantage with a unique corporate culture
Gugin has helped more than 600 companies around the world creating a winning corporate culture.
Leadership Keynote Speaker by Dr Finn Majlergaard
Leadership keynote speaker, Dr Finn Majlergaard delivers thought-provoking global leadership speeches and workshops all over the world, based on 25 years of experience with 600+ companies. Anyone can copy your product but no one can copy your culture. Learn to become the best in leadership
When Innovation dies it is too late to change
Becoming innovative is difficult – staying innovative is harder – and when it fades it is almost always too late to change the culture
Intercultural Leadership – Challenges and Opportunities
Cross Cultural Management is challenging to most managers. This article outlines 3 of the challenges and suggests how you can deal with them
The Nobel peace Prize to Europe – A Warning
I am always looking forward to see who are honored with the Nobel peace prize. Usually the winner of this prestigious award has done a lot to promote peace or fight injustice in a part of the world that deserves international attention - a Nobel peace prize...
When we accept behaviour today we wouldn’t accept before
Why we accept behaviour we didn't accept before Unlike what we might initially think cultural values change over time. That is the truth for any culture - in fact no culture would be able to survice if it didn't adapt to the external environment all the time. When I...